About Dr. Picot
Through conservative dentistry and a comprehensive approach, Dr. Picot leads the team with dedication, modern technique and style. A native of Shaker Heights, Ohio, Dr. Picot completed his undergraduate in Business Administration from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It was there that he completed his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree. After graduating, he went to the Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital in Columbia, SC to complete his general practice residency.
As a Morehead Scholar, now known as Morehead-Cain, Dr. Picot was initiated into Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc, and eventually founded the UNC Malawi Dental Project in 2004, which sends students annually to Africa to provide free dental services and education on AIDS/HIV. He also donated a locker room to the UNC School of Dentistry, which bears his name.
When Dr. Picot opened SouthEnd Dentistry in 2009, he had the opportunity to create his unique vision of what dentistry should look like – a modern and contemporary space where community happens and smiles are improved upon every day. Nearly 10 years later, Dr. Picot’s vision has paid off – he’s been voted a Top Dentist in Charlotte year after year, and boasts some of the most advanced in-house technology and procedures in the area.
Dr. Picot is still committed to effective dental treatments that address the root cause of symptoms. His wealth of experience has taught him to take a conservative approach to restorations and repairs, preserving as much of the natural tooth as possible. His long-term approach is focused on saving patients time and money, while giving them a smile they can be proud of.
Awards and Affiliations
- Academy of General Dentistry’s AGD Impact Magazine Member Spotlight: February 2019
- USA Top Dentists Award
- Honoree: 2018 Incisal Edge Magazine 40 Under 40
- Top Dentists of the Year: 2011-2019
- Recipient of the 2016 Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Young Professional of the Year Award
- Recipient of the Elevate Lifestyle The Best in the City – Cosmetic Dentist: 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recipient of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Top Dentists – Charlotte The City Magazine
- Board Member, Alumni Committee on Ethnic and Racial Diversity, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Donor: UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Board of Directors, Charlotte Dental Society
- Examiner, NC Board of Dental Examiners
- Morehead Scholar: UNC-Chapel Hill
- Morehead-Cain Central Selection Committee
- Board of Directors and Paul Harris Fellow, Charlotte Rotary Club
- Board of Directors, Young Affiliates of the Mint Museum
- Board of Directors, Chris Canty Foundation
- Member, 100 Black Men of America, Inc.
- Pankey Dental Institute
- Founder: UNC Malawi Dental Project
- Consultant: Dental Technologies for various companies
- Cofounder, CommitMEN Annual Scholarship Fund at Shaker Heights High School
- South End Business Advisory Committee
- Board of Directors, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Honoree: 2019 Charlotte Business Journal 40 Under 40
- Greater Charlotte Hospitality Magazine, September-October 2019
Outside The Office
Dentistry isn’t his only passion. Outside the office, Dr. Picot donates his time to service projects in Malawi, and various community outreach boards. He founded an annual service project at UNC Chapel Hill and has a locker room bearing his name. Dr. Picot is a member of the Charlotte Chamber Board of Directors and the South End Business Advisory Committee. Additionally, he attends continuing education programs focused on improving dentistry techniques and practices so you can always count on the latest and safest new treatments at SouthEnd. Dr. Picot enjoys indulging in a game of chess, practicing the saxophone, doing crossfit, raising money for charity, cooking, travel, live music, and spending time with friends and family