SouthEnd Dentistry is excited to announce that our office has reopened for all treatments and procedures. Not only are we thrilled to reopen, we’re also proud to announce that we’re expanding our options for patients and starting up with additional infection prevention protocols in place.
More Options for Patients: Dr. Alegria, Delta Dental, and Virtual Dentistry
Dr. Christian Alegria has joined the SouthEnd Dentistry team, and we’re now in-network with Delta Dental to better serve patients in our community. Providing Delta Dental coverage for our patients is just another way we’re helping you get the dental care you need, conveniently and affordably.
For patients who have been putting off their cosmetic treatment, we’re making it easier than ever to see what your new smile would look like! We’re now offering same-day digital smile design, or you can preview your new, straighter smile in seconds with our Invisalign smile simulator.
With virtual consults from Dr. Picot, you can also receive a video consult from the comfort of your home in three easy steps. Just snap some photos of your smile and write a quick message about how you’d like to improve it. Dr. Picot will send you a personal video consult explaining possible treatments and recommendations to give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Safety and Sanitation Protocols
Most importantly, as shelter in place regulations begin to lift across the country and we re-enter a post-COVID-19 world, our patients’ and staff members’ health and safety continue to be top of mind. To ease any concerns you may have, we’d like to be transparent about sanitation standards in the healthcare space. Our practice has always adhered to infection prevention protocols set by OSHA, the ADA, and the CDC. These standards include:
Regular hand washing:
- Before and after treating a patient
- Before putting on gloves and immediately after removing them
- After touching any potentially contaminated surfaces or equipment
- Using soap and water for visibly soiled hands instead of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Use of personal protective equipment:
- Wearing gloves, masks and eyewear while treating patients
- Using new gloves for treatment of every patient
- Removing personal protective equipment before leaving the work area
Using proper respiratory and cough etiquette:
- Covering mouths and noses when coughing or sneezing
- Coughing or sneezing into the elbow
- Using and disposing of tissues
- Sanitizing hands after exposure to respiratory secretions
Use of sterile instruments and devices:
- Disinfecting and sterilizing reusable dental equipment before use on another patient
- Keeping manufacturer’s reprocessing instructions readily available for trained team members
- Wearing appropriate PPE when handling and reprocessing equipment
- Using monitors to ensure effectiveness of sterilization
- Maintaining sterilization records in accordance with state and local regulations
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the operatories and office:
- Establishing policies and procedures for routine cleaning and disinfection of surfaces
- Using barriers for hard-to-clean surfaces
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are not barrier-protected
- Using EPA-registered disinfectants or detergents that are suitable for health care settings
If you or anyone in your household has had the following symptoms within the last 14-21 days, please call our office at (704) 335-8266 prior to scheduling your next appointment:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Cough or sore throat
- Flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, muscle pain, headache or fatigue
- New loss of taste or smell
In addition to adhering to these standards, we will also take measures to ensure social distancing regulations can be respected in our practice so that all patients feel comfortable receiving care.
Schedule Your Appointment
If you have any questions or to book your next appointment, schedule online or contact our office at (704) 335-8266.
We’re so happy to be open again and can’t wait to see you.
The SouthEnd Dentistry Team