- Treatment: Smile makeover
- Removal of cemented diamond/gold crowns
- New, lab-fabricated crown placement and restorations
- Composite fillings
- Root canals
- Removal of damage and decay
- Restored ability to eat, chew, speak, and smile confidently and comfortably again
- Natural-looking replacement crowns
Background & Treatment Process
The patient presented to our office with the desire to replace his diamond/gold crowns, which had been cemented by a jeweler years ago. Dr. Picot removed these crowns, addressing cavities and the need for root canals on a few teeth. He placed temporary crowns, which were made by hand, until the lab finished the final crowns. In dentistry, diamond is the hardest material we have ever had to cut through, so we had to be creative.
Benefits of Smile Makeovers
From consultation to after care, smile makeovers are completely customized for the patient’s needs. In this case, the patient wanted to replace diamond/gold crowns for a more natural look. Porcelain crowns are very durable and have a translucency that mimics natural teeth. Replacing the diamond and gold dental work also allowed Dr. Picot to address some restorative needs that the patient had, including dental fillings and root canal therapy.